Wednesday, November 15, 2006

WGA Confidential

Not that it matters for me at the moment, counting myself among the thousands of other screenwriters who have yet to meet any of the credit requirements for the Writers Guild of America, West, i.e., actually getting paid for work produced. But as I continue the process of adapting my writing to the form and style of the screenplay, it still feels hard. Fun and satisfying, but hard. Little did I know, however, that it does get easier. Indeed, if Larry Arnstein is to be believed, the first rule of Write Club is that you're not allowed to talk about how easy Write Club is. The others I suppose you have to learn the hard way.

Tangentially, the WGA library is named, in part, for writer/director Melville Shavelson. It was fun to see him in a news story from 1981 on the then-gee whiz personal computer. According to the report, this was a "small" one.


Not quite the laptop-at-a-Coffee Bean-table of 2006.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home