Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Get me rewrite!

The dreaded envelope from the Nicholl Fellowships in Screenwriting arrived in the mail today. Unfortunately, of the 245 scripts out of 4899 entries moving on to the quarterfinals, mine will not be one of them. A little disappointing but not entirely unexpected. There are no doubt hundreds, if not thousands, of entrants who have been at this far longer than me. And although I liked some things more about this draft of the script, there is still work to be done. Which would have had to be done in any event, whether I advanced or not. Congrats to Scott the Reader, who did have one of his two submissions make the first cut. For the rest of us, there's always next year so get polishing.

1 Comments:

  • Sorry you got dinked, but glad to see you approach it analytically with a view toward improving. Hope I'll do the same -- if I get dinked -- if my letter ever comes -- I need closure, people!!

    By Blogger MaryAn Batchellor, at 6:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home