Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Melrose placed

Following in the short, circular paths of John August, Josh Friedman, Ken Levine, Scott the Reader, Julie the Script Whisperer, Fun Joel, Kira, and thousands other Guild members, I took some time out of my Veterans Day to grab a sign and do a few circuits at the Gower Gate of Paramount Studios. I ended up not walking the full four hours because, unbeknownst, they moved the shift times back by three hours.

I wasn't there long enough to strike (har) up conversations with the others on the line. But there were many honks of support, even where we were on one of the side streets off Melrose Avenue. When they moved us all to the Melrose Gate for the last 15 minutes of the day, things got much more lively. Lots of chants, lots of honks, and even Strike Dog. The first shift now starting at 6:00 a.m. actually fits my Friday schedule pretty well, so I am hoping to make it a regular, if not weekly, thing while the strike is on. And even though I'm not union (yet), the organizers are happy to have as many bodies on the line as possible. So if you are in L.A. and believe that writers are entitled to fair -- heck, any -- compensation for the use of their works in the series of tubes, just find your nearest studio and walk right up. It's just that easy.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home