Wednesday, July 18, 2007

101

Lest anyone think that a writing gig is going straight to my head, I was brought back down to Earth somewhat by BlueCat's first round of cuts. Of which, my submission was one and I won't be moving on to the next rounds. Maybe it's some measure of progress that I hadn't even thought about the results until the email popped up in my inbox. Nor was it entirely unexpected as I think I've taken that script about as far as I can go in its current iteration. Now it's Steve Austin time: I can rebuild it; I have the technology. I expect a similar response shortly from Nicholl but if I get anything more promising, all the better. For anyone interested in doing some serious bionic rewriting on their scripts, BlueCat now has a screenwriting lab competition as well. Detailed analysis and feedback from veteran screenwriters, directors, and producers. A table read by real live actors. Pitch prep and other amazing benefits to the lucky recipients. Early deadline ($40 entry fee) is August 1; regular deadline (um, also $40) is September 1, late deadline ($50) is October 1.

2 Comments:

  • I am sorry you got cut from BlueCat. Good luck with the Nicholl!

    By Blogger annabel, at 8:24 AM  

  • Sorry to hear about the Bluecat resultsE. Do you plan to submit something to the Bluecat lab?

    r.

    By Blogger Rochelle Smith, at 4:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home