Saturday, March 03, 2007

Onward and upward

Still recovering from the push to submit for BlueCat by midnight last Thursday. Which I did with several minutes to spare. Rewriting 70+ pages, much from scratch, in the course of three weeks isn't my ideal way to work but I made it and am (mostly) happy with the changes. Semi-finalists are announced on July 1; finalists on July 15; and the winner on August 1. For others who entered and, like me, will spend the interim trying to calculate the odds of moving on to the next level, I was entrant #3957 at around 11:55 p.m. So, depending on how many more people got in just under the wire (and assuming that the numbers are assigned consecutively to entrants), that could mean almost 4000 submissions to BlueCat this year. By comparison, there were 4,899 for Nicholl in 2006.

Next up for the contest-inclined? Austin Film Festival's early-bird deadline is March 15 [CORRECTION: MAY 15th. I swear it said March when I posted this.] (which saves you $10 over the regular $50 application fee for submissions up to final cut-off date of June 1).

8 Comments:

  • Good luck, Jeopardy Bunny.

    By Blogger seemaxrun, at 8:50 AM  

  • Thanks Max!

    By Blogger Chris, at 12:23 PM  

  • Thanks Kitty! (I've got Sela power)

    By Blogger Chris, at 10:17 PM  

  • Best of luck Chris, and keep us posted on your progress --

    rochelle

    By Blogger Rochelle Smith, at 9:05 PM  

  • Hey Roch,

    Thanks! Are you still thinking about going to Austin in October? I still wouldn't mind going if things work out.

    By Blogger Chris, at 5:54 PM  

  • Good luck.

    I mailed mine in on March 1, so me (and all the other people who mailed in) probably weren't even counted in your tally.

    So either that's a scary number of entrants, or maybe they are just numbering weird.

    By Blogger Scott the Reader, at 7:13 PM  

  • Thanks for the encouragement, Scott. Hope yours does as well as it did in the Nicholl (is it the QF script?) I admit I hadn't accounted for the possibility of last minute mailings either, given the e-filing option. Crazy numbers it would seem.

    By Blogger Chris, at 8:46 PM  

  • That's their fault for pimping their contest all over the blogosphere this year.

    It's my semifinalist script, yeah, not that that means anything. It's all a crapshoot.

    By Blogger Scott the Reader, at 11:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home